National Fish & Wildlife Foundation’s Electronic Monitoring and Reporting Grant Program, a partnership between NFWF, NOAA, the Walton Family Foundation and the Kingfisher Foundation, has announced grant recipients for its 2019 round of funding. Some $3.9 million will go toward implementing EMR projects and catalyzing modernization of data management systems for fisheries in 13 states and at the national level. These grants generate $5.7 million in matching contributions for a total conservation impact of $9.6 million.
We’d like to congratulate all the recipients, who include:
- Mote Marine Laboratory, Inc.
- Pfleger Institute of Environmental Research
- Cape Cod Commercial Fishermen’s Alliance
- New England Marine Monitoring
- Gulf of Maine Research Institute
- Chordata LLC
- Maine Coast Fishermen’s Association
- College of William and Mary, Virginia Institute of Marine Science
- Integrated Monitoring, Inc.
- Saltwater, Inc.
- United Catcher Boats
Here is the full slate with project descriptions and grant amounts: EMR 2019 Grant Slate